DNP, MSN, BSN
Integrative Pain Management
- Integrative Pain Management
- Body/Energy work for pain
Degrees and Training:
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP), Augsburg University, Minneapolis MN
- Master of Science (MS) in Nursing, Winona State University, Winona, MN
- Master of Arts (MA)in Human Development, St. Mary’s University, Winona, MN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
- Certification in Healing Touch Healing Touch International, Lakewood, CO
- Certificate Program of Holistic Nursing American Holistic Nursing Association AHNA
- Practitioner of Eastern Healing Arts, Windermere School of Eastern Healing Arts, Decorah Iowa, completion of 670 hours massage training
- Certified Healing Touch Practitioner, Healing Touch International, Lakewood CO
Over the past 20 years, Suzanne Ruegg has practiced as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with 10 years as part of inpatient consult services at the Mayo Palliative Care Program and the past 10 years in acute inpatient pain services. Prior to her APRN experience, Suzanne worked as a staff nurse at Mayo Medical Center in the areas of psychiatry and oncology. Her focus at Newbridge is integrative pain management, body/energy work for pain, and Frequency Specific Microcurrent (FSM).
Early in her nursing career, Suzanne realized that addressing patients from a traditional medicine perspective often missed getting to the root cause of an individual’s illness. This led her to pursue studies in other aspects of healing, and completing a Master of Arts in Holistic Nursing, a Certification in Healing Touch, and a 670 hour program in Massage Therapy focusing on Eastern Healing Art, including Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tuina, Shiatsu, Thai Massage as well as western approaches of trigger point therapy, Swedish Massage and Sensory Repatterning.
Suzanne has had a depth of experiences working with individuals with complex chronic medical issues and those who present with symptoms that are difficult to manage. In addition to nursing, she has practiced as a massage therapist, integrating the energy practices of Healing Touch and Reiki with Eastern healing modalities to provide therapeutic massage.
Suzanne carries a deep motivation to help individuals “create their own health” and to serve as a partner to empower them to improve their own quality of life. She believes that creating health requires an individual to “think differently” and with that, opportunities and resources for optimal health can be discovered.