A light and easy summer dish! Best enjoyed with garden fresh vegetables.
- 1 cup of sliced radishes
- 4 limes— juiced (save 2 Tbsp for avocado spread)
- 2 tsp cane sugar (can sub any sweetener)
- 1 small red onion — thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large handful of fresh dill — finely chopped
- 2 medium avocados
- 4 slices of sourdough or wholemeal bread — toasted
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Time needed: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 min, Cook Time: 5 min
- Slice the radishes into thin slices as best you can, using a sharp knife. Put them into a bowl.
- Put the lime juice, sugar, red onion, olive oil and dill into a smaller bowl. Stir together, then add to the radishes and mix gently. This only needs 10 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, toast the sourdough.
(You can also substitute a rice or nut cracker to make this recipe gluten-free and vegan.)
- Mash the avocado with the reserved 2 tablespoons of lime juice, to prevent any browning. Spread the toast with the avocado and add a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Drain the radishes through a colander to remove any excess lime juice, and place slices of radish and onion on top of the avocado.
Can save extra radishes in the refrigerator for great leftovers.
Recipe Source: The Happy Foodie